Saturday, May 30, 2009
Your baby's about 15.7 inches long now, and she weighs almost 3 pounds (like a head of cabbage). A pint and a half of amniotic fluid surrounds her, but that volume will decrease as she gets bigger and takes up more room in your uterus. Her eyesight continues to develop, though it's not very keen; even after she's born, she'll keep her eyes closed for a good part of the day. When she does open them, she'll respond to changes in light but will have 20/400 vision — which means she can only make out objects a few inches from her face. (Normal adult vision is 20/20.)
I just wanted to post this picture! I love it! This was taken our last day in Jamaica and I didn't have a copy of it till just the other day.
Posted by Kathryn at 10:37 AM
Monday, May 25, 2009
How your baby's growing:Your baby now weighs about 2 1/2 pounds (like a butternut squash) and is a tad over 15 inches long from head to heel. His muscles and lungs are continuing to mature, and his head is growing bigger to make room for his developing brain. To meet his increasing nutritional demands, you'll need plenty of protein, vitamins C, folic acid, and iron. And because his bones are soaking up lots of calcium, be sure to drink your milk (or find another good source of calcium, such as cheese, yogurt, or enriched orange juice). This trimester, about 250 milligrams of calcium are deposited in your baby's hardening skeleton each day.
Posted by Kathryn at 4:01 PM
Thursday, May 21, 2009
Yesterday (Wed) I had an ultrasound to check our little boy because I am measuring 3 weeks ahead of where I should be. While the ultrasound tech was trying to see his head (he is head down WAY DOWN) she got a look at his face and he stuck his little tongue out at us. Then he proceeded to pout. It was really cute and I wish she had printed pictures of that. He is measuring right on target and I have around 14 cm of amniotic fluid. So everything is looking good and when I groaned when she said I had gained 3lbs she said "NO NO NO you are doing good"
This morning I went in for my GTT (glucose tolerance test) After drinking the stuff that kinda tasted like a really flat and ultra sweet sprite I had to wait an hour for them to take blood. The nurse stuck the needle in and ...... Nothing happened.... no blood came out. So she tried the other arm. Got a little blood but not enough. So then they stuck a needle in the back of my hand and FINALLY got enough blood for my test. My poor hand has a lump and is very sore and tender. and my arm hurts where they tried the second time. I should know something in the next few days (Monday or Tuesday I think)
Otherwise we are all doing good and counting down the last days of school. The boys have 5 days left (tomorrow and next week) and I have 4 days left. Our little school's graduation is this Sunday and then I get to go to the beach a week from tomorrow. (With NO kids!!!) My boss is taking my co-workers and myself for a long weekend on St. Simons (sp?) Oh yes and I am now to the 2 weeks between appointments. Wow this pregnancy is going by so fast.
Posted by Kathryn at 8:10 PM
Monday, May 18, 2009
By this week, your baby weighs two and a quarter pounds (like a Chinese cabbage) and measures 14.8 inches from the top of her head to her heels. She can blink her eyes, which now sport lashes. With her eyesight developing, she may be able to see the light that filters in through your womb. She's also developing billions of neurons in her brain and adding more body fat in preparation for life in the outside world.
This weeks is a crazy one. Not only is it the next to last week of school, I also have 2 doctor's appointments this week. UHHHG. On Wed I go back for another ultrasound. I am measuring 3 weeks ahead of where I should be so they are checking things out. Also I have my GTT/screening for gestational diabetes on Thursday morning (7:30am) and a regular appointment that same morning. I am tired already. We are also having a Father's breakfast on Friday. This week is going to be crazy.
Posted by Kathryn at 7:10 PM
Friday, May 15, 2009
Party Dots w/ dark brown backing
Also a pacifier clip
The bibs and burp clothes are AWESOME!
So nice and thick!
Also I ordered and got them in less than a week!!
I can't wait till we decide on a name so I can get some with this little one's name on it!
I will so be getting more for Tara Nicole's site!
Posted by Kathryn at 6:20 PM
Monday, May 11, 2009
1. First thing you wash in the shower? usually hair
2. What color is your favorite hoodie? I do not own any
3. Would you kiss the last person you kissed again? yes (I do love my hubby)
4. Do you plan outfits? I kinda have to right now. I only have so many maternity pieces
5. How are you feeling RIGHT now? like there are little toes in my ribs
6. Whats the closest thing to you that's red? candy boxes, candles and my mouse (it has a red light in it)
7. Tell me about the last dream you remember having? I have been having some crazy baby dreams.
8. Did you meet anybody new today? sure did... met a set of twins that are coming to our school next year (YIKES FOR US)
9. What are you craving right now? candy hehehe
10. Do you floss? sadly no
11. What comes to mind when I say cabbage? SLAW!!! I love slaw
12. Are you emotional? Hmmm pregnant woman emotional? NEVER!? ok so yes I am
13. Have you ever counted to 1,000? Yes but I cheated I counted to 100 ten times lol
14. Do you bite into your ice cream or just lick it? lick unless it is an icecream sandwich.
15. Do you like your hair? Sometimes =)
16. Do you like yourself? Most of the time.
17. Would you go out to eat with George W. Bush? Sure as long as he pays and it is somewhere decent.
18. What are you listening to right now? The boys have the TV on cartoons
19. Are your parents strict? Not really
20. Would you go sky diving? No I have this fear of FALLING
21. Do you like cottage cheese? if it is mixed with other stuff I do
22. Have you ever met a celebrity? Quite a few Christian music artists, and some other random people
23. Do you rent movies often? Nope but we do have netflix
24. Is there anything sparkly in the room you're in? Scrapbooking stuff
25. How many countries have you visited? 2 US and Jamaica
26. Have you made a prank phone call? Nope
27. Ever been on a train? Yes
28. Brown or white eggs? white is what i currently have in my fridge but I will eat either
29.Do you have a cell-phone? Yes
30. Do you use chap stick? sometimes
31. Do you own a gun? Tracy does.
32. Can you use chop sticks? Yes I can
33. Who are you going to be with tonight? Tracy, David and Nick
34. Are you too forgiving? is it possible to be too forgiving? And by asking that question am i answering in the affirmative?
35. Ever been in love? Oh yes. I am currently in love... with my hubby and kids and I don't ever plan on being out of love!
36. What is your best friend(s) doing tomorrow? Going to work lol
37. Ever have cream puffs? once I think
38. Last time you cried? This morning over someone's blog
39. What was the last question you asked? What are you doing? (asked to David)
40. Favorite time of the year? spring
41. Do you have any tattoos? me and pain are not the best of friends so NO
42. Are you sarcastic? I have my moments
43. Have you ever seen The Butterfly Effect? nope
44. Ever walked into a wall? Hasn't everyone
45. Favorite color? blue but I love all colors for the most part
46. Have you ever slapped someone? oh yeah and left a big red hand print too
47. Is your hair curly? not really
48. What was the last CD you bought? One for Tracy I am sure
49. Do looks matter? Not really
50. Could you ever forgive a cheater? yes
51. Is your phone bill sky high? Nope we hardly ever use the home phone lol
52. Do you like your life right now? Yes I do!
53. Do you sleep with the TV on? Only if I fall asleep on the couch
54. Can you handle the truth? I would like to think so
55. Do you have good vision? pretty good
56. Do you hate or dislike more than 3 people? I dislike a few people but it is hard for me to dislike anyone for too long (refer to the question about forgiving)
57. How often do you talk on the phone? at school I have to answer the phone all the time otherwise not much
58. The last person you held hands with? The boys walking across the parking lot
59. What are you wearing? hot pink shirt, brown pants (all maternity!)
60.What is your favorite animal?FROGS
61. Where was your default picture taken at? Jamaica
62. Can you hula hoop? nope
63. Do you have a job? yep
64. What was the most recent thing you bought?a bunch of groceries
65. Have you ever crawled through a window? more than once!!
Posted by Kathryn at 6:43 PM
Sunday, May 10, 2009
Posted by Kathryn at 5:39 PM
Saturday, May 9, 2009
Monday, May 4, 2009
Posted by Kathryn at 5:54 PM
Sunday, May 3, 2009
How your baby's growing:The network of nerves in your baby's ears is better developed and more sensitive than before. He may now be able to hear both your voice and your partner's as you chat with each other. He's inhaling and exhaling small amounts of amniotic fluid, which is essential for the development of his lungs. These so-called breathing movements are also good practice for when he's born and takes that first gulp of air. And he's continuing to put on baby fat. He now weighs about a pound and two-thirds and measures 14 inches (an English hothouse cucumber) from head to heel. If you're having a boy, his testicles are beginning to descend into his scrotum — a trip that will take about two to three days.
Also Saturday night it was raining and storming a little. At 4am I heard a LOUD CRACK and then a big crash. A huge oak tree from across the street came down and took out a power pole. It also took all other lines down too. Needless to say I didn't sleep ANY from 4 till around 8am then I drifted off for about an hour. Tracy had left a little before 8 to speak at the Brotherhood breakfast at Son Rise. I got up and got the boys dressed and myself. When we left the house at a little after 10am the power was still off. When we got home from church (and lunch because we didn't know if we had power back yet) The cable guy was here replacing the line because the tree had ripped the line out when it fell. I climed into bed and slept till after 4pm.
I am feeling better after my nap and some supper. The boys (who sleep through everything) didn't even know anything happened till they got up and couldn't turn on the TV or computers. Tracy said that the brotherhood breakfast was great and that it felt really good to get up and talk with them. I go to the dr. on Wed of this week. All in all we are doing good and we are all safe.
Posted by Kathryn at 5:20 PM
Saturday, May 2, 2009
Posted by Kathryn at 9:54 AM